Friday, January 30, 2009

What I'm working on now


I love deconstructing quilts and then putting them back together.  For this one, as usual I started with drawings from my sketchbooks.  I drew them onto muslin and quilted following the pencil lines.  For one quilt I free-motion quilted all around the image, then went back into it with paint sticks.  For another quilt I left the lines of the drawing very simply quilted.  I then cut up the two quilts, one in 2" strips, one in 3" strips, then proceeded to re-construct one quilt.  This is the result so far.  I will still go back and put backing and more batting, and do some more quilting, most likely just around the stripes.  








3 comments:

  1. You are bolder than me to take the scissors to a finished quilt!! I love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a few I plan on cutting up and redoing....i like what you have done and....congratulations on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is so cool!

    -Lizzie

    ReplyDelete