Friday, January 30, 2009
I love deconstructing quilts and then putting them back together. For this one, as usual I started with drawings from my sketchbooks. I drew them onto muslin and quilted following the pencil lines. For one quilt I free-motion quilted all around the image, then went back into it with paint sticks. For another quilt I left the lines of the drawing very simply quilted. I then cut up the two quilts, one in 2" strips, one in 3" strips, then proceeded to re-construct one quilt. This is the result so far. I will still go back and put backing and more batting, and do some more quilting, most likely just around the stripes.